Thursday, March 31, 2016
Below is the new list of books to donate to the Colonial Dames17th Century National Library. To donate a book, please use the book donation form (located on the national website), and submit to Nan Ackerman, our Librarian General.
1. Taylor, Nathaniel Lane, ed. Les Ancetres de Charlemagne. 2nd edition.
2. Lambert, David. Guide to Massachusetts Cemeteries. 2nd edition.
3. Joslyn, Roger D. Madison County, NY Universalist Church Records 1806-1878: Tree Talks.
4. Ingham, Norman W. Ingham Genealogy: the Descendants of Joseph Ingham (c1630-1710) of Saybrook, Connecticut. Picton Press.
5. Brophy, Elaine D. Res & comp. They lived in Windsor: A Reconstruction of the 1890 Census for Windsor Connecticut.
6. Groves, Marlene A. Vital Records of Woolich, Maine. Maine Genealogical Society. Gorham, Me 2015. (Hardcover, 646 pages, name index, 1742-1891, $49.95.)
7. Saxbe Jr., William B., FASG. Richard Bowen (1594?-1675) of Rehoboth, Massachusetts and His Descendants: Volume 3- Generation 5. Rhode Island Genealogical Society, Williamstown, MA, 2015. (Hard cover, 708 pp, additions and corrections to Vols, 1 and 2, $50. Order from the Rhode Island Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 211,Hope, RI 02831).
8. Gibb, Dr. Carson. The New Early Settlers of Maryland. If anyone can find this book for the library, the librarian and staff genealogist would be in your debt. It is out of print and not available in the traditional book seller establishments. This research database lists individual settlers who are named in the Maryland land patent volumes from 1633 to 1683 and one land warrant volume from 1681-1685.
9. Dinan, Jacqueline. In Search of Barnabas Horton: From English Baker to Long Island Proprietor, 1600-1680. Pynsleade Books, Brooklyn, New York, 2015. (Soft cover, 421 pp$45, Order from the publisher, 551 1st Street, Brooklyn, NY 11215 or online at barnabashorton.com.)
10. Harris, Gale Ion, FASB. Harrises of Connecticut: Scattered Descendants. McNaughton & Gunn, Saline, MI, 2012. (Hardcover, index of names, $30.00 Order from the author: 1312 Basswood Cir., East Lansing, MI 48823.)11. Garn, Lynn Edwin. The Garn Family, Including Carn, Garnes, Garns and Gern. Bedford County Historical Society, Bedford, PA. (7112 pp., illustrations, charts, reproductions, appendices, indexes. Order from Bedford County Historical Society, 6441 Lincoln Hwy., Bedford, PA 15522; BedfordHistory@embarqmail.com.)